In accordance with the protocol in force, once the cruise has been accepted the mission leader must acquaint themselves with various rules and inform all the members of the scientific team who will be embarking of these rules.
These rules concern:
- Medical aptitude to embark.
- The required physical aptitude for diving in a submersible.
- Safety regulations (equipment, chemical products, radioelements, protection, etc.).
- Rights and obligations in matters of archiving and distributing data acquired aboard the ships.
- Rules for communication and image rights.
- Mission leader’s expected role aboard ship.
- Control of noise-related risks for marine mammals.
- Help with the dispatch of equipment and containers to IFREMER mission leaders.
- APA Rules.
The year of the cruise.