The CASINO+ application is currently used as the “ship’s log” function, enabling the operator to record all the operations undertaken aboard ship. The feasibility of migrating to a Web application which can integrate TECHSAS is currently being studied.
The CASINO+ application enables scientists to collect automatically various scientific and technical data, as well as record all the operations undertaken aboard ship during a cruise. Such information is time-stamped and georeferenced to help scientists in their analysis once the cruise has been completed.
- Create, configure, open and close a logbook for each cruise.
- Archive at regular intervals the various technical and scientific parameters shared across the ship’s network by TECHSAS (data sharing and archiving system) and CINNA (integrated navigation system) in the formats NMEA or XML (preferred).
- Log events (profile start/end, station start/end, device operations).
- Modify and insert after the event data that has already been archived.
- Display a map view.
- Plot a graph showing archived parameters according to time.
- Process and export such data.
- Generate a cruise summary for IFREMER’s scientific information system (SISMER).
CASINO+ functions were defined by a group of users to ensure that the application is both flexible (multidisciplinary) and easy to use.
CASINO+ is available on all the deep-sea vessels operated by IFREMER.