The indoor test tank is used to test and validate medium-sized robotic systems (ROVs, underwater manipulators). It provides a work and test environment that is convivial and practical for freshwater trials. The tank is housed at the Robotique Navigation et Visions Sous-Marines Laboratory and with other IFREMER partners.
- Tank dimensions: 3.6 x 3.8 metres and 2.8 metres deep
- 8 underwater floodlights and several transparent viewports
- PISCATOR robotic gantry
- Electric overhead crane for handling systems
- IT facilities (Unix machines, PC network)
- Mechanical and electrical tools